Dumb Stuff

On this forum we discuss at random any dumb topic that comes to our heads, from sports debates to pop-culture lists to book and movie reviews and more.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Character Creation Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
despyzer
Admin

PostSubject: Character Creation Guidelines   Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:58 pm

• total 84 stat points prior to racial bonuses
  • 2nd level
  • racial or skill-oriented feat
  • Bag of Holding and Periapt of Wound Closure

Optional: You may bypass the feat in favor of one of the following magic items:
Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location
Boots of Striding and Jumping
Boots of the Winterlands
Brooch of Shielding
Cloak of the Manta Ray
Decanter of Endless Water
Dust of Dryness (10 pinches)
Efficient Quiver
Eversmoking Bottle
Eyes of the Eagle
Figurine of Woundrous Power - Silver Raven
Gloves of Missile Snaring
Gloves of Swimming and Climbing
Goggles of Night
Immovable Rod
Necklace of Adaptation
Periapt of Health
Ring of Swimming
Ring of Warmth

Starting equipment is determined by class and background. Starting money is 100 gp.

Don't worry about keeping track of experience. I'll let you know when you have leveled up.

You can select an alignment as a general guideline, but I'm not too worried about holding you accountable to playing that alignment.

Last edited by despyzer on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dumbstuff.forumotion.com
despyzer
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Creation Guidelines   Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 pm

You will need to post and update your character sheets on this site so that I have access to them also. Use any of my character sheets as examples.

Please also include the Personality Trait, Ideal, Bond, and Flaw from the character backgrounds. It doesn't have to be one of the ones they suggest. In fact, I'd like it better if you chose something more specific to your character.

Finally, I have a number of questions I'd REALLY like for you to answer. Some of them are just for flavor. Others are to ways that I can individualize the story for you. A few might just to give me a better idea of which way you are pointing with your character. If a question doesn't apply, feel free to skip over it, but the more information you give me, the better of a DM I can be and the more I can tailor the adventures on your behalf (and the better you will know your own character).

1. Why is your character an adventurer (as opposed to a more typical profession like bartender, merchant, scribe, smith, etc.)?

2. Why did your character select the class he did (other than he was just really good at it)?

3. What sort of things make your character happy, angry, sad, etc.?

4. How spiritual or religious is your character?

5. Favorite food(s)? Favorite color(s)? Favorite number(s)? Favorite animal/creature?

6. What does your character think is more important - hard work or good fortune?

7. What is your character looking for sexually or romantically?

8. What is his sexual or romantic past like?

9. What are your character's parents like? (Alive? Strict? Professions? Socioeconomic class? Religious/political? Who does your character take after or rebel from?)

10. What are your characters siblings like? (How many? Birth order? Is there a favorite/least favorite? State of that/those relationship(s)?)

11. What is one thing your character has done so far that he is proud of?

12. What is one thing your character has done so far that he is ashamed or embarrassed of?

13. How goal-oriented is your character?

14. What is your character's best or strongest personality trait?

15. What is your character's biggest vice?

16. How does/would your character creatively express himself given the proper time and training?

17. If your character was in our modern world, what profession or career would he pursue?

18. If your character was in our modern world, what kind of music would he probably listen to (favorite genre, artist, song)?

19. If your character was in our modern world, what would be his favorite movie or television show?

20. What is one everyday, ordinary thing that your character doesn't do as well as most people?

21. What is something that your character would be willing to die for?

22. What was your character's childhood best friend like?

23. Does your character have any phobias?

24. How does your character dress (when not in armor)?

25. What motto or saying does your character value?

26. How easily does your character make friends? Why?

27. In what kind of environment would your character's dream house be located?

28. What would be the most interesting feature of that dream house?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dumbstuff.forumotion.com

Character Creation Guidelines
Page 1 of 1